Know More About
Learner Assistance Available at ROVLN
Achieve your goals in education, training, independence, and employment with our free programs throughout the Renfrew, Lanark, Ottawa and Prescott-Russell regions.
Trained, talented and experienced staff are ready to assist you in a safe, friendly and adult-learner environment.
Learn at your own pace and with real hands-on materials that assist you in reaching your goals.
We all have skills we could learn and strengthen. Whether you want to learn in a classroom environment, small group or one-on-one, our programs cater to adults and how adults learn best. We use real-life resources and authentic materials to prepare you for employment, education, apprenticeship, or independence.
Although our programs serve adults, we partner with programs that support and promote child and youth literacy. It is vital that children gain the skills and a love of learning at an early age to adapt and thrive in our technological world.
Family Literacy is about building stronger relationships between parents and children. It is about getting parents involved in their children’s education and about building stronger families and healthier communities.
THE LEARNER ASSISTANCE PROCESS
Find a location nearest you with our locator map. We also offer virtual meetings if interested.
- One of our friendly staff will greet you.
- You will be asked to discuss the goals you want to achieve.
- A staff person will ask you to fill in a registration form.
- You will be asked to take an assessment to learn more about your skills and strengths.
- You and the instructor will discuss the results of your assessment and develop a plan together.
- The plan is our commitment that we will do what we say we will to help support you to achieve your goals.
- After you have been working on your skills, your instructor will ask if you want to see how much you have learned.
- You will be asked to complete a task related to what you have been learning.
- The outcome of the task will show you and your instructor what you have achieved so far!
Built on 4 Pillars of Literacy
Assistance with developing skills to perform tasks in your home, personal life and community.
Upgrade your skills for a high school diploma, GED or entry to post-secondary education.
Entering employment, retaining current employment or advancing your career.
Process, benefits, and opportunities available in pursuing an apprenticeship.